Apartment fire quickly put out

STEUBENVILLE — A fire at the Heritage Village apartments at 3010 Johnson Road was contained by a sprinkler, allowing city firefighters to quickly extinguish the flames on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire department was called around 4:22 p.m. on Wednesday and found the tenant was able to safely make it out of the apartment. Firefighters reported there was heavy smoke on the second floor of the building.

The occupant of the apartment was checked by an ambulance crew and released, the fire department reported.

There was water damage to an adjacent apartment and one below, according to the fire department.

COMMENTS