Hancock Board of Education approves personnel moves
NEW CUMBERLAND — The Hancock County Board of Education met in a two-minute special session Monday afternoon, approving several personnel recommendations, including the naming of a new principal at Weir Middle School.
Following a recommendation from Superintendent Dawn Petrovich, the board voted unanimously in favor of naming Barb Switzer-Ivery as the new Weir Middle principal. Switzer-Ivery had most recently served as an assistant principal at the school, and is taking over for Sarah Parsons who had been promoted to director of personnel for the school district on June 28.
Other personnel recommendations approved Monday were:
• The resignations of Jenna Richards as speech-language pathologist at Weir Middle; David Thompson as social studies teacher at Weir High; Stephanie Pennacchio as countywide substitute teacher; and Michelle Beal as countywide substitute teacher
• The assignments of Katharine Kafton as grade 5 teacher at Oak Glen Middle and Adam Davis as multi-categorical/autism at Oak Glen Middle
• The resignations of Jordan Allan as assistant football coach at Weir High and Zachary Hartman as assistant football coach (booster paid) at Weir High
• The assignments of Mitch Wilson as assistant wrestling coach at Oak Glen Middle and Jennifer Snider as head cheering coach at Oak Glen Middle
• The transfer of Tyler Hamilton from Custodian II at Oak Glen High and Oak Glen Middle to countywide substitute aide
• The assignment of Tina L. Bartley as LPN/supervisory aide at Oak Glen Middle
No comments were offered by board members on any of the recommendations.