Steubenville firefighters respond to structure fire

Steubenville firefighters Wednesday hosed hot spots on the rood of a garage in the 100 block of South Fifth Street belonging to Smitty’s Floors. City Fire Chief Carlo Capaldi said the fire appeared to be accidental but hadn’t determined if it was related to work being done on the roof at the time. He said no one was injured as a result of the fire, which was reported at about 3:30 p.m. and extinguished within 15 minutes of arrival. Capaldi confirmed someone with the business was removing vehicles from the garage when the fire department arrived. — Warren Scott


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today