Celebration weekend for new Center for Hope in Wintersville runs Friday through Sunday
WINTERSVILLE — Wintersville United Methodist Church, 701 Main St., is hosting its celebration weekend Friday through Sunday for its new Center for Hope and is looking forward to welcoming the public to see the $3.6-million addition to the church designed to be a catalyst for widespread community outreach.
Friday’s activities include:
– 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., appetizers and tours;
– 6:30 p.m., dedication; and
– 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., celebration praise concert, “Ignite Worship.”
Saturday’s lineup includes:
– 10 a.m.-noon, celebration mission with mission projects being done with Urban Mission Ministries, the Friendship Room, Refuge for Women Ohio Valley, local shut-ins and making prayer blankets;
– 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., sporting skills and drills challenges, for all ages, in the gymnasium; and
– 7 p.m., celebration revival with guest speaker Alex McFarland, a Christian apologist, author, evangelist, religion and culture analyst and advocate for biblical truth, as guest presenter.
Sunday’s schedule of events includes:
– 9 a.m., praise service with Alex McFarland in the Center for Hope;
– 10 a.m., Sunday school celebration in the Center for Hope;
– All Sunday school classes join for refreshments and devotions together as one;
– 11 a.m., traditional service in the church sanctuary with Alex McFarland; and
– 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., children’s and youth rally with entertainment by Weird Eric and also a message by Alex McFarland. Pizza and snacks will be provided.
For details, phone (740) 264-1676 or e-mail info@WintersvilleUMC.com.
The Rev. Clint Quillen, the church’s pastor, noted McFarland speaks worldwide and has preached in more than 2,000 churches throughout North America and numerous more internationally.
McFarland is a frequent spokesperson on Fox News and has been interviewed by other media outlets, including Fox and Friends, the Alan Colmes Show, “The Strategy Room,” Billy Graham’s Decision radio broadcast, Focus on the Family radio, NPR’s All Things Considered, the New York Times, the Washington Post and news outlets including CBS, FOX, NBC, CSPAN, SRN and the Associated Press wire service.
McFarland is a contributing writer in print and electronic media, including the LA Times, Boston Herald, Christianity Today, Charisma, Billy Graham’s Decision Magazine.
The only evangelist to have preached in all 50 states in only 50 days, McFarland has “an authentic, compassionate style, and his greatest passion is growing the body of Christ and instructing Christians on how to stand strong in the face of ever-diminishing morals, ethics and values.”
“All are invited and welcome to be inspired and challenged in this way,” Quillen noted.