MINGO JUNCTION The Indian Creek Board of Education will hold a special meeting to discuss the re-employment of administrators Steve Cowser and Cecilia Fritz.
According to Superintendent John Rocchi, the board tabled the issue Thursday during its monthly meeting at the middle school.
"They decided to not discuss the re-employment of these individuals until all board members are present," he stated.
Cowser, the Indian Creek High School principal, and Fritz, the Hills Elementary principal, are contracted until June 30. The special meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at Bantam Ridge Elementary School.
In other matters, the board:
- Accepted the amounts and rates of taxation as determined by the Jefferson County Budget Commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county auditor.
- Approved the following individuals as teachers for after school intervention from Jan. 14 through April 15 at $16.67 per hour: Allison Boehm and Amy Geddis.
- Approved a continuing contract status for bus driver Debra Baker, effective March 6.
- Approved the following individuals for supplemental personal service contracts: Joseph Lewis and Tina Wells, varsity track assistant coaches.
- Paid the following invoices: Pepple & Waggoner LTD, $7,329.90 for legal services for the district; Jim Davis Enterprises, $7,755 for repairing potholes, work on the Wintersville Elementary School back road and salting district roadways; Jefferson Landmark Inc., $31,808.89 for fuel for buses; and Piergallini Catering, $6,079.00 for semi-formal dance and dinner (paid for by the student council fund.)
- Approved the district calendar for the 2014-2015 school year.