Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

Regional Roundup

October 14, 2013
The Herald-Star

Fire extinguished at St. Peter's Church

STEUBENVILLE - Older wiring and an overloaded electrical outlet is being blamed today for a kitchen fire at St. Peter's Catholic Church on North Fourth Street.

A city fire department spokesman said today the fire started in a storage area in the kitchen and started to spread into the walls.

"There was at least $5,000 in damages and the situation could have been much worse if a parishioner leaving the Perpetual Adoration Chapel hadn't noticed the smoke in the church hall. He called the fire department and is credited for preventing a much larger fire. Another 15 minutes would have meant a much larger blaze in the building," stated firefighter Gray Nagy.

Nagy said the alarm call was received at 11:47 p.m. Sunday, and firefighters remained on the scene until 2:30 a.m. today.

City shooting victim transported

STEUBENVILLE - City police are investigating a Sunday night shooting incident that sent one person to the hospital.

Police Captain Joel Walker said the victim was shot in the leg shortly after 8 p.m. Sunday.

"He was transported by ambulance to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. We are not releasing the name of the victim at this time," said Walker.

Walker said the investigation into the shooting is continuing today.

 
 

EZToUse.com

I am looking for: