Volleyball team plays drawing for Jordan jersey
The Toronto Junior-Senior High School Lady Red Knights volleyball team is selling tickets for $5 each for a signed and framed Michael Jordan jersey. Upper Deck authenticated the jersey and has furnished a certificate and sticker.
Drawing tickets will be sold at all home volleyball and football games.
Tickets also can be purchased from any volleyball team member. The winning ticket will be drawn Wednesday during the final home volleyball game. For information, call (740) 381-9407.
All proceeds will go toward a team camp for the junior high and high school volleyball teams along with the necessary equipment to ensure the growth of the program.
Upcoming activities at First Presbyterian Church
– Sunday – Sunday school begins at 9:40 a.m.; worship begins at 11 a.m.; and World Communion Day will be celebrated; the peacemaking offering will be received; and the deacons will meet following worship. Sunday also is the deadline for coat donations.
– Wednesday – The Chi Rho youth after-school program begins at 4 p.m. Choir practice will begin at 7 p.m.
– Thursday – The yarn ministry meets at 10 a.m.
Upcoming activities at North River Avenue Christian
– Sunday – Worship service at 9:45 a.m.; junior church service in the junior worship area for youth ages 5 through fourth grade at 10:45 a.m.; Sunday school at 11 a.m.; youth group meets at 6 p.m.; and the evening worship service at 7 p.m.
– Monday – The Boy Scouts meet at 6:30 p.m.
– Wednesday – There ‘s no adult Bible study today. The annual congregation and dinner meeting is at 6 p.m. with the meeting to begin at 7 p.m. A sign-up sheet is posted on the church bulletin board.
– Nov. 18 – The van trip to Oglebay’s Festival of Lights is scheduled to leave the church at 5 p.m.
– Nov. 20 – The harvest celebration will begin at 6 p.m.
Upcoming activities at First Church of the Nazarene
Upcoming activities at Toronto First Church of the Nazarene include:
– Sunday – Worship service begins at 9 a.m. and with special baby day recognition. Evening choir practice begins at 4:30 p.m.
– Thursday – The Club10:14 for children and teenagers meets at 5:30 p.m.
Upcoming activities at United Methodist Church
– The church office is open from 8 a.m. to noon Mondays through Fridays. For information, call (740) 537-2210.
The Toronto Unit of the Salvation Army located in the Riverview Church is available from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. For information, call (740) 537-4737.
Upcoming events at Toronto First United Methodist
– Sunday- The contemporary worship service will begin at 8:30 a.m. Sunday school begins at 9:30 a.m. The worship service begins at 10:45 a.m.
– Monday – Bible study is at 6 p.m. The trustees meet at 7 p.m.
– Tuesday – Bible study will be at 10 a.m. Faith fellowship meets at noon.
– Wednesday – The caring crafters, the bell choir and lay leadership all will meet at 6 p.m. Choir practice is at 7 p.m.
– Thursday – TOPS is at 5:30 p.m.
– Oct. 11 – TOPS will meet at 9 a.m.
Upcoming events at Toronto Bible Methodist Church
Sunday – Morning Sunday school, 10 a.m.; service, 11 a.m.; evening service, 6 p.m.; weekly Bible study, 5:30 p.m.
Salvation Army offering prescription assistance
Those between ages 18-64 who have no prescription drug insurance can call (740) 537-2210 for assistance.
A team of volunteers will help clients apply for low-cost or no-cost medications.
The free program has been providing assistance since 2002 at the Riverview United Methodist Church, 105 N. River Ave. Assistance is provided on the first Thursday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon.
The entrance to the church is handicap accessible.
Those age 65 or older and who have no prescription insurance are eligible for the program.
This is not a distribution center for medications, but a volunteer-based program that assists in filling out paperwork and sending in necessary applications to drug manufacturers.
Once approved, clients begin receiving medications directly from companies in six to eight weeks.