Jefferson County sets hydrant flushing
WINTERSVILLE – The Jefferson County Water and Sewer District will be flushing hydrants Monday through Friday.
Customers may experience low water pressure and some discoloration of water. The water and sewer district is advising residents not to do laundry while the hydrants in their area are being flushed.
The following is a list of the areas where hydrants will be flushed:
– Knoxville area – state Route 152 starting with the corporation line of Richmond going east to Empire, including Knoxville, county Road 47, Airport Road, Brandywine Road, county Road 68, county Road 56 (east side off state Route 152), township Roads 246, 247 and 249 and the village of Empire.
– Pleasant Hill area – Beginning in Taylortown on state Route 213 going south to Alikanna, including township Road 378, Lee Ridge Road, county Road 45, Hedgewood Drive, township Road 381, Pottery Addition, Lewis Addition, Speakers Addition, Maplewood, Green Valley, Randolph Lane, Alikanna and St. Joseph’s Drive.
– Knoxville area – Beginning at the intersection of state Routes 152 and 213, south on state Route 213 to Taylortown, including county Road 46, county Road 42, East Road, Wallace Heights, Johnson Ridge Road, county Road 56 and township Roads 376 and 391.
– Knoxville area – Beginning at the intersection of state Routes 152 and 213 to Hammondsville, including New Somerset, Close Road, Hammondsville and Irondale, Damper Road, Clinton Street, township Roads 241, 456 and 457, and county Road 53 in New Somerset.
– Amsterdam and Bergholz areas.