Wayne building auction to come
MINGO JUNCTION – Although the closure of Wayne Elementary School is imminent, the fate of the actual building won’t be determined for a few months.
According to Superintendent John Rocchi, the board scheduled a building auction to be held at 10 a.m. Sept. 7.
“The date and time has been set for the auction and more information on the event will be issued in the coming weeks,” he noted at Thursday’s board of education meeting.
In other business, the board:
– Approved the following organizations for the 2013-14 school year: ICHS – principal’s general fund, yearbook, newspaper, productions, academic team, National Honor Society, SADD, foreign language club, student council, Key Club, Class of 2014, Class of 2015, Class of 2016, Class of 2017, Future Homemakers of America, Future Educators of America, athletic fund, Close-Up and Envirothon; ICMS – principal’s general fund, newspaper, media club, National Junior Honor Society, SADD, student council and yearbook; and elementary schools – Hill’s Elementary principal’s general fund, Hills Elementary student senate and Wintersville Elementary principal’s fund.
– Entered into an agreement with the Jefferson County Board of Developmental Disabilities to provide services to designated autistic students as required at the Jefferson Regional Spectrum Center.
– Approved continuing membership in the Ohio Coalition of Equity and Adequacy of School Funding for the 2013-14 school year.
– Entered into an agreement with the School of Bright Promise to locate, identify and provide services to all children in need of special education and related services during the 2013-14 school year.
– Entered into agreements with the following school districts for the admission of designated special needs students for the 2013-14 school year: Harrison Hills City Schools, Edison Local Schools, Steubenville City Schools, Toronto City Schools, Union Local Schools, Buckeye Local Schools and Claymont City Schools.
– Approved the following individuals for supplemental personal service contracts: Justin Wilson, varsity football assistant coach; Ray Case, varsity girls basketball assistant coach, varsity golf coach, varsity girls tennis coal; and Mentha Moore, majorette line instructor.
– Approved the employment of the following extra-duty supplemental contracts: Karen Lloyd, WES lead teacher and literacy reading assistant; Holly Parissi, WES math assistant; Brittany Sperlazza, WES technology assistant; Dan Bruno, WES choir and ICHS choir; David Moffat, ICHS technology assistant; Carolyn Cole, Hills choir; Melissa Brown, Hills technology assistant; Amy Rusnak, Hills literacy assistant; Virginia Pawelcyzk, Hills math assistant; James Sestito, ICMS seventh- and eighth-grade technology assistant; and Mary Jo DiPietro, ICMS fifth- and sixth-grade technology assistant.